Greiner Electric's BIM Department is seeking an experienced BIM VDC Lead for commercial electrical projects.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Produce coordinated shop drawings for fabrication, total station, and field installation.
- Identify and resolve conflicts with teh architectural, structural, and other MEPF trades and present well thought out and cost effective solutions.
- Participate in coordination and project-related meetings.
- Use construction documents, product literature, specifications, and cut sheets to ensure model accuracy.
- Effectively communicate with the BIM/VDC Manager, Project Managers, Project Engineers, field personnel, and toher team members during the construction process.
- Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to detailers on the project team.
- Provide BIM/VDC Manager weekly updates to keep aligned with the project schedule.
- Experience with Revit is a must
- AutoCAD, Navisworks, and BIM 360 Glue are a plus
- Positive attitude and professional communication skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings for all trades (Arch/Structural/MEPF)
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail, abiltiy to multli-task, and analytical problem solving are a must
- Knowledge of MS Office is a plus
- Autodesk or other BIM/CAD training certifications are a plus
Education and Experience Requirements
- Solid understanding of the construction industry and processes
- Knowledge of electrical code for large commercial projects
- Knowledge of structural and MEP trades, shop drawings, common field problems (and how to resolve them)
- 2 - 3 years previous Revit experience in the electrical trade is required
- Field experience in any of the MEP trades on commercial or industrial projects is preferred